N-sight RMM Troubleshooting
Managed Antivirus is failing to update definitions every time the computer is turned on
Mon Jul 20 10:30 GMT 2020
- Managed Antivirus is failing to update definitions every time the computer is turned on
- This happens on devices running Windows 10 1803 and higher
- The error in the Managed Antivirus console may show "Error -1002"
- N-sight RMM
- Managed Antivirus
- Windows 10 1803 and above
- This happens because Windows 10 1803 (and versions above 1803) treats a standard shutdown as a sleep
- On starting the device again, Managed Antivirus resumes from sleep and attempts a definition update before the Internet is connected
- To ensure this does not happen, follow these steps on the local device:
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options
- Choose what the Power button Does
- If required, click Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Untick Turn on fast startup (recommended)
- Save Changes
- There is a feature request to have this resolved by Managed Antivirus (Bitdefender).
There is not a Group Policy to change this setting, however there is a Registry Key (set this to 0 to disable fast startup and 1 to enable):
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power\HiberbootEnabled
This Registry Value can be changed at scale by using Automation Manager's Set Registry Value module and deploying this as an Automated Task. For more information, see Proactive Maintenance (Automation).